Coronavirus – Travel Tips
Much is still unknown about the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak and health officials are urging vigilance.
That means travelers crisscrossing the globe should be aware of the virus, steer clear of heavily impacted areas and exercise some of the same kinds of preventive measures they’d use to avoid influenza and other illnesses.
Whilst the virus is mainly in China and more specifically Wuzan Province, there are reported cases of it in Australia, Japan, United States and Singapore. In Wuzan Province, everyone is locked away indoors as they believe the virus is spread by Human-to-Human contact
Health Authorities around the region are stepping up their efforts to ensure everyone is screened an border controls are also on high alert.
But does this health warning stop anyone from travelling for business or leisure? I think it shouldn’t and I do believe every traveler should practice personal health safeguards that would prevent them from catching any of these virus.
Here are some tips to take with you when you travel or in at the airport.
- Medicines –
- Codral Night & day, if you free sick – 90% chances are its common cold
- Asprin – always take those for any headaches
- Bandanas or scarfs – you can use them just to cover your mouth and it will still look good
- hand gloves
- face mask is a must
- Take some sunnies as well
- Eat only Warm/hot food –
- don’t eat any food that is cold
- always wipe clean food that is exposed to air
- Meeting People
- Don’t shake hands – just do fist bumps
- Avoid hugging anyone
- Use paper towels as oppose to air blowers in bathroom
- Hand sanitizers – always wipe your hands before you want to touch your eyes and mouth.
- Always wipe fruits such as apples before you eat as they are exposed
And finally, if you can do it…….try stay away from the reported areas.